Wednesday 16 March 2011

What browser do you use?

As I'm quite nosey, I thought I'd do a little blog post about web browsers and ask you all what browser you use.


I used to always use Internet Explorer, I never really had any issues with it, then I dabbled with Firefox - didn't think it was really much different to IE.  I never really got into Google Chrome or Safari either.


Then one day whilst on Twitter someone mentioned Rockmelt - at that point I didn't know what it was so I looked it up (good old Google).


Anyway, Rockmelt turned out to be a different type of browser, I watched the video and asked for an invite, I've used it ever since.  For me, it's a bit like using Tweetdeck for Twitter but for the internet.


This is what it looks like:-

I realise this is not the easiest size to view so I've tried to add a few (wonky) notes.

Down the left hand side are all my Facebook friends, at the top are the people that are logged onto Facebook chat (Husband is near the top there).

Next to the address bar is a Share button, this is useful for when you're on a webpage you like, instead of having to copy the address from the address bar and then paste it into Twitter or Facebook, you can just press this button and select where you want to post it - you can also add notes.

On the right hand side are all my feeds, at the top I have my Facebook feed, below that I have my personal and business Twitter feeds, my Business Facebook Wall, and my Personal Facebook wall.  When anything new has happened, a number appears so tell me.  It lets me know if I have any Facebook notifications.

Below the Facebook and Twitter feeds, I have BBC News, BBC Cornwall and Business Cornwall - these update when a new story has been posted.

Then below that I have the blogs I like to read - I never used to read blogs but recently I have found a few that I enjoy.
From top to bottom they are:-




Clotted Cream Diaries - local (to me) food reviews


Dots and Spots - fab spotty and dotty gifts and stuff


Heart and Soil - some great stories and photos from Hen, an amazing woman living a totally different life to most


MooBaaCluck - some more lovely gifts and things from the talented Gabby


Snapdragon's Garden - talented ladies from Scotland - I love everything they do!


Just a few opinions - a blog by Flo who I used to work with


Scrummycupcake - a lovely lady from Twitter


The Rat Adventures - by my step-daughter Holly (though no posts yet)


and last but not least Tea Down My Top - by me! So I can tell it's worked!


If you're interested in finding out more about Rockmelt you can find them here - whatever browser you use, happy browsing :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment