Friday 11 March 2011

Coming along nicely...

If you've read my last post, you'll know I'm not very patient.  You'll also know that my eggs are not due to hatch until the end of the month - that's over two weeks away!


So I'm trying to


a) be organised
b) find enough things for me to do to pass the time


Currently I have a chicken house with a connected run
and a duck house with no run.


Thinking ahead, I know I need to be able to keep separate the new babies from the (one remaining) older chicken.  I also know that the chicken house ramp will be too steep for the ducks.  So today, I turned these...
into this...


Ta-da!


Now I have a chicken house and a duck house, both with runs that can be attached/closed or detached/open.


Now I just need another large house with no run, where they can all live when they've got used to each other, keeping the smaller houses for when I need to separate them.  But that will be a project for another day - mainly because I haven't got anything to build it out of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment